Last Updated: June 7, 2021
Third Space Properties Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Third Space”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Generally speaking, “personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, subject to more particular definitions or interpretations under applicable law. This privacy statement relates to all of our activities, unless we have provided you with a different more specific privacy statement for a particular product, service or activity.
Third Space is a diversified real estate investment, development and management company. We own, develop, lease and manage residential, mixed-use, office and industrial real estate. We create great spaces for people, businesses and communities to thrive.
Please review this privacy statement carefully. By submitting your personal information to us, by registering for or using any of the services we offer, by using our website located at: www.stgthirdspace.wpengine.com, or by voluntarily interacting with us, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in this privacy statement, as revised from time to time.
This privacy statement is current as of the “updated” date which appears at the top of this page. We may modify this privacy statement from time to time. When changes are made to this privacy statement they will become immediately effective when published in a revised privacy statement posted on our website unless otherwise noted. We may also communicate the changes through our services or by other means. By submitting your personal information to us, by registering for or using any of the services we offer, by using our website, or by voluntarily interacting with us after we publish or communicate a notice about the changes to this privacy statement, you consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in the revised privacy statement.
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
The Personal Information We Collect
How We Use Your Personal Information
How We Share Your Personal Information
Opting Out of Communications
Retention of Personal Information
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
International Transfer and Storage of Information
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure:
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent (i.e. the form we use) will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. For example, by registering on our website to obtain more information about us or one of our properties, you consent to our use of your personal information to communicate with you. If you choose to provide personal information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this privacy statement.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain products or services to you or to your organization.
If you provide personal information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose his or her information as described in this privacy statement.
The Personal Information We Collect:
We generally collect personal information and other information in connection with the delivery of our products and services, and in connection with the marketing of our products and services.
The personal information and other information we collect is generally in one or more of the following categories.
- Individuals who have Registered to use Certain Services. If you have registered to obtain more information about us or one of our properties, we may collect information from you or from your organization. Examples of the information we may collect in such circumstances include your name and contact information, email address, telephone number, mailing address and other related information. We use this information primarily to interact with you to provide our products and services. We may also use this information to market additional products and services to you.
- Our Commercial Real Estate Services. We collect information from you about your interests in retail space for sale or lease, office space for sale or rent and industrial real estate in the Lower Mainland, in order to provide these services to you. To the extent that the information provided to us by you in the course of providing these services constitutes personal information about an individual, we may collect use and disclose such personal information to provide the services.
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate. We build and offer for sale or lease commercial and residential properties. In the course of providing these services, we may collect personal information on applications for tenancy, including credit applications which may involve credit information or other information about you from a third party credit reporting agency, bank or reference. We may also collect personal information about you in a lease agreement or a contract of purchase and sale, including your residence status, occupation, address and past addresses. We may also collect personal information about you in the course of reviewing mortgage applications, mortgage renewals, and financial documentation such as tax returns, payment stubs and banking information.
- Managing Commercial and Residential Properties. In the course of managing properties, we may collect personal information from you in applications for specialized services and memberships, such as parking, fitness facilities. We also collect information for emergency or incident reporting including video and other surveillance for investigative, insurance and risk management purposes. We also collect personal information from swipe cards and other surveillance information for general security purposes.
- Individuals who Visit our Website. For individuals who visit our website or any of our related websites (collectively, “our website”), we may collect information from you or from your activities on the site.
- Like most websites and other Internet services, we may collect certain technical and device information about your use of our website. Such information may include your Internet protocol address, information about your device, browser and operating system, and the date and time of your visit.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes such as:
- to provide our customers with our products and services and to support their use of our products and services;
- to contact you relating to our products and services;
- to monitor and improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services;
- to analyze the needs and activities of our customers to help us better serve them;
- to conduct research and analysis related to our business, products and services;
- to respond to inquiries and other requests;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to our products and services;
- to provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regard to our products and services; and
- to investigate legal claims.
We may use your personal information and other information for purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as service providers that provide property management services, human resources and recruitment services, commercial and residential leasing services, sales and marketing services, construction services, website and software management services and information technology services. If you would like more information about the third party service providers we use, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address outlined below.
We may provide your information to these service providers. However, we require our service providers to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and to keep your personal information secure. We require that our service providers only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided. When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information. In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you. We do not authorize service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes.
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
We may share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you with third parties. We may share this information for a variety of purposes such as, for example, improving our products and services.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure and obtain your consent.
Opting Out of Communications:
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
Retention of Personal Information:
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measures outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We will take steps to ensure that your personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as reasonably necessary. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required.
You may make a written request to review any personal information about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, and we will provide you with any such personal information to the extent required by law. You may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the personal information as required.
We will attempt to respond to your requests to access or correct your personal information not later than 30 working days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request to access or correct your personal information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
International Transfer and Storage of Information:
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer
Third Space Properties Inc.
200 – 177 West 7th Avenue
Vancouver BC, V5Y 1L8
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or complaints or comments about our products or services, our company, or if you have other customer service needs, please do not contact our Privacy Officer. Please contact our support services.